The Docker Registry endpoint provides credentials for accessing a specific Registry in the context of a Pipeline Workspace
. If a container image requires authentication to download, credentials can be added and the Endpoint assigned to the Pipeline Workspace configuration. When the Pipeline is executed the Endpoint credentials will be used in the
- Project - endpoints are assigned to a Project to provide scope of access
- Type - Docker Registry
- Name - a name to identify the Docker Registry Endpoint
- Description - description of the Docker Registry Endpoint
- Mark restricted - if enabled, only Code Stream or Project Administrators can execute Pipelines using this endpoint
- Cloud proxy - (vRA Cloud only) the Cloud Proxy appliance through which the endpoint should communicate
- Server type - DockerHub or Docker Trusted Registry
- Repo URL - the URL of the container image repository
- Docker Hub uses Username and Password authentication
- Docker Trusted Registry can use a Username and Password or Access token
- When adding an endpoint URL you’ll be prompted to view and accept the certificate.
- You can validate the configuration using the VALIDATE button.
- You should create Secret Variables to store your user credentials.
The Docker Registry endpoint can be used to avoid the Docker Hub rate limit by authenticating before downloading the container image. Authenticated user accounts have a higher rate limit on Docker Hub